EKME S.A. is a fabrication and construction company located in Delta Municipality of Thessaloniki which specializes in Design and Fabrication of Pressure Equipment, Skid Mounted Units, Steel Structures, Execution of Complete Projects in the Power and Industrial Sectors, Execution of Public and Private Projects, General Mechanical Works, Industrial Maintenance Works and Commercial Activities.
The main objective of this Policy is the continuous improvement of Company’s performance towards Human Rights, Social and Environmental issues awareness, and to ensure that part of Company’s profits will return as rewarding benefits to the local society.
EKME is committed to the following:
- Legality and Business Ethics: EKME will respect the law, ensure its business operations are legitimate, honor its Business Conduct and Ethics Policy, and keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent.
- Human Rights: EKME is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We guarantee that under no circumstances our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (forced labor, child labor, etc.).
- Protecting People and local communities: We ensure that Health and Safety of employees and community will not be put at risk, that the lives and wellbeing of local and indigenous people will not be disturbed, and that diversity and inclusion are supported.
- Donations and Aid: EKME preserves a budget for donations in technical consultancy, infrastructure or equipment supply that aim to advance arts, sports, education, health care system, environment, etc., as well as to sponsor volunteering events from other organizations.
- Volunteering: EKME encourages its employees to volunteer through campaigns organized either internally or externally.
- Protecting and Preserving the Environment: apart of legal obligations as well as obligations arising EKME’s environmental policy, EKME will protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities are Recycling, Waste Management, Handling of dangerous and toxic waste, reducing of GHG emissions, etc. EKME enforces Subcontractors and Suppliers to respect and apply Company’s commitments towards Environment Preservation and Protection by applying Sustainable Procurement practices.
- Education: EKME will keep cooperating with several local educational schemes (Universities, Institutes, etc.) by providing resources and/or know-how to their Students. The Company is also committed to the training and education of its personnel, towards awareness to the above issues.